Best Age for Marriage?

At What age do you you consider the best time for marriage in both the male (man) and female (woman)?

Please give reason(s) behind your age suggestions for both man and woman.
Thanks.
I believe getting married at matured age is better because marriage is thing of matured mind . early marriage is good but better at matured age matured mind than early marriage which has a lot regrate .
Exactly, you grow to maturity before talking of marriage.
@Iheanacho
Can you estimate the age you think should best time for marriage in both man and woman?
Age is not the matter but maturity. Better to Marry a 25years old man who is matured and Godly than a 35years old Fool...
Early marriage is quite advantageous when you Marry the right person.
Bottom line, marry a man who you are proud of being seen with...
M - 25
F - 23
Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense.
@Omaa
What is your criteria for the age?
In real life how many times have you seen 25 years old men get married?
(29-08-2017, 11:56 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense.
@Omaa
What is your criteria for the age?
In real life how many times have you seen 25 years old men get married?

Lol, once d slay queen gets pregnant by mistake
Marriage is not mostly about age, but maturity, but if am to say, a girl of 18years upwards is good for marriage, while that of men should be 25years upwards, once he is well to do,
Thanks for your input @Favour
I am curious, do you think an 18 years old girl can handle us 35 years old husband who is a drunkard?
(30-08-2017, 12:24 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: Thanks for your input @Favour
I am curious, do you think an 18 years old girl can handle us 35 years old husband who is a drunkard?

This is what the hausas and Muslim does that I hate .u should not marry someone older than you with at most 10yrs imaging buhari 75 ,Aisha 45 wot if d sickness killed him.u want a 45 yrs old woman to become a widow.or don't you think is shameful for an expresidents wife to remarry?
I think
M after nysc to 35
F 20 to 3o
But u shouldn't marry a person older Dan u with 10 yrs ie we should avoid late marriage to avoid high rate of widows and widowers.
And maturity is very important in marriage 💑.
@Ojomapkene
Are you sure of that Muslim marriage age gap?
I am asking this because I have seem in many occasions Muslim men marrying girls they give over 20 years.
Buhari is 28 years older than Aisha...
(30-08-2017, 03:44 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: @Ojomapkene
Are you sure of that Muslim marriage age gap?
I am asking this because I have seem in many occasions Muslim men marrying girls they give over 20 years.
Buhari is 28 years older than Aisha...
Is it 28 or 30 nd do you know something de only thing is I can tell you that Aisha is enjoying is money security and honour wot of sex love ❤ intimacy just age 45 a do you know what marvels me,when her husband was on life support she was in Nigeria enjoying her life.
Unlike yaradua's wife which was with him In Saudi Arabia till he died.
u tink marriage is a tin of matured mind bt also,fr me,I can't get married below 30,and bfr I get married, I must av made a little fortune.
I wudnt want 2 get a woman wu I can't feed or make her suffer,at least until u av stable income dat will b more dan enough fr d both of u nd ur unborn children
@demba
Going into marriage without sustainable source(s) of income is akin to suicide bombing.
It's a no no.
Bro there is no Age Limit to marry o.... once there is Money, what will u be waiting for??? in Civilized Country once u are above 18yrs and capable of taking care of your family financial, you are good to go.
@eprecious433
Are you telling me you can't get married and start a family at the age of 18?
How old will your wife be?
(31-08-2017, 08:50 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: @eprecious433
Are you telling me you can't get married and start a family at the age of 18?
How old will your wife be?

you can get marry at the age of 18yrs but that doesn't mean you should start given birth immediately na!
(31-08-2017, 09:06 AM)eprecious433 Wrote: you can get marry at the age of 18yrs but that doesn't mean you should start given birth immediately na!
It's not about giving birth, it's about putting a 18 years old adolescence and another teenage girl in the the same house in the name of marriage.
How exactly do you expect it to turn out?
(31-08-2017, 09:13 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: It's not about giving birth, it's about putting a 18 years old adolescence and another teenage girl in the the same house in the name of marriage.
How exactly do you expect it to turn out?

its bcos of the way we are trained in Nigeria, teenagers get married in Civilized country. so when i say civilized country i dont include Nigeria. 18yrs old guy in America is can easily be compared to a 25yrs old guy in Nigeria, so there is a difference.
@eprecious433
When it comes to responsibilities, the whites in America tend to be far better than the blacks.
I also think Nigerians can be irresponsible but there is no way black Americans are more responsible than Nigerians.
It's the other way round to me sef.

I agree, there are many cases of teenage marriage in the first world countries but you can see how most of them turn out - divorce! At some certain age bracket, marriage should be out of the question. No matter the level of maturity I can never recommend marriage to the adolescents, especially the male counterpart. Marriage should be a very serious business and there is no sense rushing into the institution.
Thanks.
M...29 to 30
W....23 to 25
(31-08-2017, 10:28 AM)Evergreen Wrote: M...29 to 30
W....23 to 25
Thanks for your opinion and welcome to GoBiafra Forum.
The issue of age dose not mean anything............when the older one left the youngest continue with the juney
(31-08-2017, 12:25 PM)praise Amana Wrote: The issue of age dose not mean anything............when the older one left the youngest continue with the juney
Our 8 years kids should get married then... Since age does not mean anything.
(30-08-2017, 12:24 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: Thanks for your input @Favour

a girl getting married to a drunkard seems to be ready to handle that, remember marriage works with maturity not age, an 18years old girl can handle that if she is matured enough
(31-08-2017, 10:09 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: @eprecious433
When it comes to responsibilities, the whites in America tend to be far better than the blacks.
I also think Nigerians can be irresponsible but there is no way black Americans are more responsible than Nigerians.
It's the other way round to me sef.

I agree, there are many cases of teenage marriage in the first world countries but you can see how most of them turn out - divorce! At some certain age bracket, marriage should be out of the question. No matter the level of maturity I can never recommend marriage to the adolescents, especially the male counterpart. Marriage should be a very serious business and there is no sense rushing into the institution.
Thanks.

hmm, okay i agree with u on this.
(31-08-2017, 01:33 PM)Favour Wrote: a girl getting married to a drunkard seems to be ready to handle that, remember marriage works with maturity not age, an 18years old girl can handle that if she is matured enough
I know but age contributes a lot to maturity.
Let's be practical, it will take a lot for a girl of 18 years to have the same level of maturity to a 28 years old girl. Age comes with experience and experience leads to maturity.

To me a girl of 18 can start up with dating and their teenage relationships...
I keep saying this "let it be counted to me a sin if I bring in a woman into my house to suffer".

Marriage is not a child's play...
It's a life project of matured mind.

Let's take for instance... Effiong is 35 but he is still not organized.
He shies away form circumstances, not ready to take blames, still afraid of defeat... And above all, his mentality is still like that of a boy living alone and managing himself. What do you think about him?
But Etim is 24, ready to take the risks of life, believes he is able to take care of 2+...
He is good to go.
So, your age doesn't really matter, its the state of one's mind that matters a lot in marriage.
As long as one is older than feeding from mummy's pot, you are good for marriage.

For the ladies, as long as she is sure the next option is marriage, you are free.
I understand your points, I really do but I can't fully grasp the "age doesn't matter" logic.
Let's say Dangote's son is 12 and rich enough to take care of his family, is he free to get a wife for himself?

* Just asking...
(31-08-2017, 02:14 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: I understand your points, I really do but I can't fully grasp the "age doesn't matter" logic.
Let's say Dangote's son is 12 and rich enough to take care of his family, is he free to get a wife for himself?

* Just asking...

at that age he does not have a say in his life, he is still under d care of his parents maybe from 20, he can stand on his own
Marriage is also based on decisions and circumstances surrounding d individual, so i still stand on age is not a limit, once u have a say, and u are well to do and as well matured enough, to stand in times of crises
(31-08-2017, 01:54 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: I know but age contributes a lot to maturity.
Let's be practical, it will take a lot for a girl of 18 years to have the same level of maturity to a 28 years old girl. Age comes with experience and experience leads to maturity.

To me a girl of 18 can start up with dating and their teenage relationships...

i know lots of girls that married at 18, still living fine
(31-08-2017, 02:34 PM)Favour Wrote: at that age he does not have a say in his life, he is still under d care of his parents maybe from 20, he can stand on his own
OK my dear, you just made the greatest contribution in this thread.
* When he is old to live on his own.
* When he is ready to take care of himself.
* When he is ready to take care of his wife.
* When he is ready to taken care of his children and family.
* When he is ready to protect his family.
* When he is ready to endure his family.

I believe it should be the period a man should start thinking about getting his wife, do you agree @Favour?
(31-08-2017, 02:41 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: OK my dear, you just made the greatest contribution in this thread.

I believe it should be the period a man should start thinking about getting his wife, do you agree @Favour?

of course i do agree with dat
(31-08-2017, 02:41 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: OK my dear, you just made the greatest contribution in this thread.

is a beautiful contribution
(31-08-2017, 03:11 PM)Favour Wrote: is a beautiful contribution
Thanks.
I am a man and have "spoken" like one, what do you have to say about the women counterpart?
(29-08-2017, 11:43 PM)Charytea Wrote: Age is not the matter but maturity. Better to Marry a 25years old man who is matured and Godly than a 35years old Fool...
Early marriage is quite advantageous when you Marry the right person.
Bottom line, marry a man who you are proud of being seen with...

yeah u have say it all about men but what about women
m - 27 to 35

w - 20 to 25
(31-08-2017, 03:27 PM)Ojukwu Wrote: Thanks.
I am a man and have "spoken" like one, what do you have to say about the women counterpart?

as a lady once am matured enough, and understand what marriage is all about, by caring for my kids, husband, supporting him in anyway, and knowing that marriage is not a play thing,and how to stand strong in difficult times am good to go
« » | « »

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Views Last Post
  Third Party Advice in Marriage. hiro 260 28-10-2017, 02:43 PM
  Family Refuses Inter-Tribal Marriage, Advice Please! rebeccagold 175 27-10-2017, 12:04 PM
  Marriage! A Father's advice to a Son. Francischuxx 251 29-09-2017, 11:30 AM
  Love Making Before Marriage: What do you Think? Omaa 2,054 13-09-2017, 09:37 AM
  Why do Some Ladies Faint at Marriage Proposals? Ojukwu 130 08-09-2017, 09:29 PM