praying for the dead is it a futile effort?

praying for the dead especially during funeral service is very common and Hebrew 9vs 27 says everyone has to die once and then face the consequences.
so if their fate is sealed already why do we still pray for them ?

besides will God answers such prayer?
@omaa,@[email protected],@charytea and the rest your opinion is needed
well to be 2rutful i dnt knw o, bcos i hardly do church tinx, z not dat i dnt believe in God o, bt lemme as u @isnoble a que 2, do we pray 4 those who died and body was unable to be recovered.
yes we do pray but....
There is no repentance in grave .people no this ,but they stil pray
abi o
Prayers should go to the family. For God to grant them the heart to bear their loss.
Prayer after death cannot make the dead go to heaven or hell.
(22-08-2017, 11:37 AM)Charytea Wrote: Prayers should go to the family. For God to grant them the heart to bear their loss.
Prayer after death cannot make the dead go to heaven or hell.

correct
(21-08-2017, 11:34 AM)isnoble Wrote: @omaa,@[email protected],@charytea and the rest your opinion is needed

As a catholic which I am, you pray for his soul immiediately before death or if after death, you pray for his soul to find peace.
will this effect a change on his judgement
Praying for the dead is not only a futile effort but fool's errand. Even the church is now aware of this.

Almost all the churches have their funeral programmes, in most of these programs prayers for the departed is always there. Let this be known to all, the dead is late and there is nothing one can do to change anything about them. It's late to pray for them, it's late to talk to them, it's late teach them, everything about them is LATE.

Church should stop praying for the dead and face the living, that's the people that need the prayer. As per God accepting the souls of the departed there is no amount of prayers that can change it, where they will be is determined by how he or she loved his or her. This is me religiously speaking.
Thanks.
of course God will answer our prayers.
(24-08-2017, 07:05 AM)Rufai Madu Yuguda Wrote: of course God will answer our prayers.
God will answer our prayers for the dead or what?
« » | « »

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Views Last Post
  anyone that sleep with sex doll is dead-samklef pixblog 177 31-01-2018, 09:59 PM
  hundreds of indians dead hiro 123 19-10-2017, 10:54 AM
  15 reportedly dead as Boko haram Strikes again joseph 173 19-09-2017, 01:45 PM
  Friends Mourn Dead University Of Nigeria, Enugu Campus Student (Photos) Lexx 177 13-08-2017, 05:29 AM
  Colombian Man Shoots Nude Wife & Her Lover Dead While Having Sex In Their Home (Photo Lexx 641 11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
  Ozubulu, Anambra State Church Attack : 11 Dead, 18 Injured. Ojukwu 572 07-08-2017, 02:30 PM