Goodbye or Goodnight to Nokia?

Nokia was known to be both the biggest Telephone producer and the best phone maker on earth but as sad as the the truth is, they were, albeit long time ago.

Nokia's biggest market was in Africa, they unfairly bullied their competitors to a point that most of them cannot even stand, this led to bankruptcy of many of them. The clear example of such company are Sony Ericsson, NEC etc. Nokia have a sort of maxim or perhaps a a product theme of 'connecting Africa' and in this process, they sold their average products to underdeveloped Africans at a rather exuberant prices. That's why till today, Nokia is known for its unencouraging price of his products. Sometimes, people will argue that the only reason for product cost is because it's a Nokia product and not as a result of it's quality or functions.

The advent of Smart phones destroyed Nokia in Africa as people especially Africans where Nokia have it's biggest market became wiser and were able to chose products and phones based on its model, quality and function. Also the open source permission of Android OS give many companies right and encouragements to come out with different product and in the process created a very healthy competition in the mobile phone market which Nokia themselves despite the name they have made in the market cannot stand. Also, Nokia chose to go with Windows Mobile smart phones instead of the reigning Android OS phones. Although, it's understandable on Nokia's choice of phone OS because Microsoft 'blackmailed' them with billions of dollars.
They were later acquired by Microsoft but the damaged has since been done, Nokia is now a shadow of what they use to be and to go back to the the title of this thread which is actually a question, is it Goodbye Nokia or Goodnight Nokia? Contributions are welcome.
But i still use it - That's what happens when you stop to
update and innovate
@Chinwike
You still use it... As a source of torch 🔦 light at night, right?
Hahaha...
Like a blade of grass, this day it flourisheth, next day it withers.

Am sure they can pick up if they gather the fragments of their broken life.
Smile
I am using Nokia Asha 200.,and i prefer it to some android phones
Time comes and go.,..their own time have come and go,.,..
#GoodNight_Nokia
@Francischuxx
Nokia is a very greedy and unconsiderable company, their quest for more money in the market without a viable plan for upgrade is the reason for their downfall.
They fall further after it was acquired by Microsoft and as used in as a political tool for Windows OS, the loser.
Now they are fighting to join Google's Android market...
@Samboizz
You prefer Asha 200 (which I can't even recall how it looks) to some Android phones.
Which Android phones do you have in mind? MTN's "made in Oshodi" 256mb Android phones, abi?
(08-10-2017, 09:58 AM)Francischuxx Wrote: Hahaha...
Like a blade of grass, this day it flourisheth, next day it withers.

Am sure they can pick up if they gather the fragments of their broken life.
Smile

pick up where?am sure not in Nigeria as long as Andoids still live
(08-10-2017, 10:39 AM)Samboizz Wrote: pick up where?am sure not in Nigeria as long as Andoids still live
Bro I think you might be concluding quickly, Nokia is currently making beasty Android phones. I was recently reading one review of such Nokia phones online.
What they need is to bringing down the prices and they may be back in the game before we all know it.
The question now is - can they intentionally bring the price seeing that European companies are inheritably greedy? That should be a good question for another day...
Please dont quote me wrong sir, @Ojukwu,..am just trying to say that there are some features i like in it that can never be found in any android phone...it is really a nice phone,,,check its picture out below:
@Samboizz
What features do you want in Nokia Asha 200 that is not found in Android Phones?
(08-10-2017, 09:45 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: @Chinwike
You still use it... As a source of torch 🔦 light at night, right?

No As backup phone
Nokia is still my best choice am still using my Nokia xLthat functions just like android
@Samboizz na bcos the phone still new abi?
Naim make you post the pix...
If to say e be like one phone I used some years back...
The phone was begging I should trow it away.
Even self the phone was stolen and the theif returned it taking away only the 8gb memory card that was in it. Smile
If to say na that kind phone, am sure u no fit snap am self talk less of posting it.

Shaa.
Its now a storySmile
@Chinwike
@isnoble
@Samboizz
@Ojukwu

One thing about them is that they have made that name.

If they can just leave that windows and produce androids of good quality and of low price, they'll sure bounce back.
They'll even beat Samsung.
@Francischuxx, yeah, you are right. I even suggested such above but we all know Nokia won't do it and that is what is killing them. For unknown reasons, European companies are always self centered, greedy and inconsiderate.
Before the advent of Android phones Nokia was virtually using Samsung to wipe the floor but today it's a different case.
bye bye nokia
(13-10-2017, 04:06 PM)Chekwubeahunwa Wrote: bye bye nokia

Let's not yet count them out, hey may be back with a bang!
I've not used a Nokia phone b4 shaa
so can't really say
@Ada_Nduka
You've not used Nokia phone 📱 before? Are you kidding me?
What phone makes where you using before the advent of smart phones?
Motorola
one Chinese phone....very attractive,, red in colour,, the name isn't written in English....flat and long with keys
E-tel {don't know if itz China or not buh its short and black} it doesn't make much noise....
then I switched to Tecno....
@Ojukwu Oya I have answered ur question
@Ada_Nduka
Yes dear, I can relate... Only that those sort of phones hardly browse then.
The most annoying set of phones.
Makes a lot of noise, damage easily.
Battery 🔋 life so poor.
« » | « »