why we should learn how to program

Why You Should Learn Programming - Apart from the passion of being a programmer and the fun part of programming,being a programmer comes with a whole lot of benefits .
Here are some reasons you should be a programmer;
1. There Is Accomplishment In Being A Programmer - As a programmer, there is that feeling of accomplishment you get when ever you are successfully done with a project no matter how small it might be.
2. You Can Have Another Job Aside Programming - Programming can be a full-time job but one can easily handle another job aside Programming.
3. You Can Earn Extra Income Aside Your Job - Aside your paid-job, you can also earn extra income from programming.
4. Programming Is Fun, Fulfilling And Can Also Be A Hubby - You single-handedly code a game or created an app and the number of downloads is overwhelming , you receive tons of emails congratulating and thanking you for such a wonderful and handy app,that's what i called Fulfillment.
5. You Can Work Anywhere, Anytime As A Programmer - you don't need that office with the most luxury to work as a programmer, you can work anywhere and anytime so far you deliver.
6. You Are Your Boss - You are also the boss expect you are working as a group or a team where you may have a team leader or group captain .
7. You Become A Wide Thinker - You are expected to always think outside the box as a programmer, you think and come up with solutions easily even on matters not relating to Programming.
8. Problems Are Easily Solved - Problems encountered by programmer are most of the time the same to the problems we come across....
(16-09-2017, 02:01 AM)isnoble Wrote: Why You Should Learn Programming - Apart from the passion of being a programmer and the fun part of programming,being a programmer comes with a whole lot of benefits .
Here are some reasons you should be a programmer;
1. There Is Accomplishment In Being A Programmer - As a programmer, there is that feeling of accomplishment you get when ever you are successfully done with a project no matter how small it might be.
2. You Can Have Another Job Aside Programming - Programming can be a full-time job but one can easily handle another job aside Programming.
3. You Can Earn Extra Income Aside Your Job - Aside your paid-job, you can also earn extra income from programming.
4. Programming Is Fun, Fulfilling And Can Also Be A Hubby - You single-handedly code a game or created an app and the number of downloads is overwhelming , you receive tons of emails congratulating and thanking you for such a wonderful and handy app,that's what i called Fulfillment.
5. You Can Work Anywhere, Anytime As A Programmer - you don't need that office with the most luxury to work as a programmer, you can work anywhere and anytime so far you deliver.
6. You Are Your Boss - You are also the boss expect you are working as a group or a team where you may have a team leader or group captain .
7. You Become A Wide Thinker - You are expected to always think outside the box as a programmer, you think and come up with solutions easily even on matters not relating to Programming.
8. Problems Are Easily Solved - Problems encountered by programmer are most of the time the same to the problems we come across....

hw do i learn PHP and js querry
(16-09-2017, 03:33 PM)Buharimustgo Wrote: hw do i learn PHP and js querry
You can check websites like codeacademy.com or download mobile app that teaches php / js querry but you still need a coding environment to practice & apply at same time
I agree with all the points and the greatest is no 7. However, it is capable of making you paranoid.
@isnoble which language do you know?
@ojukwu 10KS 4 UR Question am still learning the basic one HTML and [email protected]
(18-09-2017, 12:06 AM)isnoble Wrote: @ojukwu 10KS 4 UR Question am still learning the basic one HTML and [email protected]
You are not yet a programmer. Html is a markup language, css is all about designs and styling of pages.
Thanks.
(18-09-2017, 01:47 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: You are not yet a programmer. Html is a markup language, css is all about designs and styling of pages.
Thanks.

@ojukwu I didnt say i was a programmer am still learning
The best approach is to learn the fundamental if you want to be a web developer which is HTMLandCSS
Which of the app is good 4 programming
I love computer practical,
But the theory I hate more than Maths,
Could you imagine me opening a website but couldn't further.
I will try and work on my IT.
Since Ojukwu said HTML & CSS knowledge doesn't make one a programmer - Then we should go back to school
nice write up, but i will be back for a full review
(26-09-2017, 06:31 PM)Chinwike Wrote: Since Ojukwu said HTML & CSS knowledge doesn't make one a programmer - Then we should go back to school
who will teach me kwanu
@Ada_Nduka
Do you seriously want learn programming?
(04-10-2017, 09:56 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: @Ada_Nduka
Do you seriously want learn programming?

yes....
(04-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Ada_Nduka Wrote: yes....
The first question you should ask your self is - "why do I want to learn programming"?
The self answer should be a clear indication on the next step to take.
Thanks.
(04-10-2017, 10:53 AM)Ojukwu Wrote: The first question you should ask your self is - "why do I want to learn programming"?
The self answer should be a clear indication on the next step to take.
Thanks.

okay Thanks
Just asked myself that question and I've given myself the answer...... or am I supposed to type the answer here?
@Ada_Nduka
No, it's a rhetoric question. If you want to proceed on the tutorial you should head to YouTube and search Php, python or Java tutorials, based on the language you want to learn. I you aspire to be a web developer you have to start from html, css and then Javascript.
Thanks.
(18-09-2017, 01:47 AM)"Ojukwu" Wrote: You are not yet a programmer. Html is a markup language, css is all about designs and styling of pages.
Thanks.
As Far As Html Is A Programming Language, You're Still A Programmer!
In Programming, We Have;
* Web Designing, E.G, Html (Web Contenting Language), Css ( Stylesheet - For Layouts And Styling Contents), Xhtml.
* Application/Software Designing E.G, C, C++, C-- Java.
* Game Programming, E.G, C, Java, Python, Ruby.
* Web Development, E.G Javascript (client-side Script), Php (server-side Script), Perl & MySql (database), Asp.Net, Xml (For Web Template Building)
* Game Development, E.G Oop, Proxon.
* Application/Software Developing, E.G, Php (back-end/back-side Script), Etc.
So, Whosoever That Works With Any Of These Programming Languages/Scripts Is Either A Programmer Or A Developer!
Thanks!!
@YoungUltimatum
HTML is not a programming language, it is called a markup language. I really wonder where you lots are learning this trash from. You even listed CSS as one of your "programing languages" smh!
You lots should go and learn and stop jumping into arguments you know nothing about.
Can html hold variables?
Example of variable in php
$me = "Ojukwu" ;
Can it store a value as the $me variable stored a value "Ojukwu"? How can you program with something that can't even store a value?
HTML is called a Hypertext Markup Language and not Hypertext Programming Language for a clear reason to show it is not considered a programming language.

Programming and web designing is not the same, you can build a simple web page with simple markup that browser can perse (html) and simple css to give the page a beautiful looks but when you are to build an interactive website that stores and retrieves data from the database you must involve programming language and that's were scripting languages like Javascript, php and other programming languages like Python, Java, Ruby, Scala etc surfaces.
Thanks.
@ Ojukwu
Sorry!
You're In Error!
You'll Need To Go Back (TO SCHOOL) & Study The Basics Of Programming Coz Html Is A High Level Language, Period!
@YoungUltimatum
I wouldn't be surprised if you you are a graduate of computer science in Nigeria, yeah, Nigerian education is that pathetic!
Your submission of html being a high level programing language says everything about your ignorance.
Son, high level language is just a programming language that is made be closer to human language, these languages are compiled by the machine and are converted to machine language. Normally, machines don't read human languages, they are compiled (ie converted) to a language machines can understand.

High level languages deals with the likes of - variables (that hold values), arrays (that hold data collections), loops, functions, classes etc.

Let's cut this unnecessary arguments, give me examples of
* variables
* arrays
* loops
* functions etc in HTML.
I promise to tender an unreserved apology for wasting your precious time in this argument. Otherwise you should go back to that your school where you were thought that html is a high level programming language and protest for scamming you!
I just tried to search Wikipedia for it and hot this suitable definition and examples.
Features
"High-level language" refers to the higher level of abstraction from machine language. Rather than dealing with registers, memory addresses and call stacks, high-level languages deal with variables, arrays, objects, complex arithmetic or boolean expressions, subroutines and functions, loops, threads, locks, and other abstract computer science concepts, with a focus on usability over optimal program efficiency. Unlike low-level assembly languages, high-level languages have few, if any, language elements that translate directly into a machine's native opcodes. Other features, such as string handling routines, object-oriented language features, and file input/output, may also be present.

Examples

Examples of high-level programming languages in active use today include Python, Visual Basic, Delphi, Perl, PHP, ECMAScript, Ruby and many others.

The terms high-level and low-level are inherently relative. Some decades ago, the C language, and similar languages, were most often considered "high-level", as it supported concepts such as expression evaluation, parameterised recursive functions, and data types and structures, while assembly language was considered "low-level". Today, many programmers might refer to C as low-level, as it lacks a large runtime-system (no garbage collection, etc.), basically supports only scalar operations, and provides direct memory addressing. It, therefore, readily blends with assembly language and the machine level of CPUs and microcontrollers.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-lev...g_language
@YoungUltimatum, please sneak in to that page and add your precious html as it was taught to you by your skuulu, let me see if you will not receive a serious warnings from the the Senior Wiki Editors of that category.
computer science
any country that lead in computer science will lead the world
« » | « »